Leo Tolstoy

Le bahaïsme est une religion abrahamique et monothéiste, proclamant l’unité spirituelle de l’humanité.
Répondre
indian

[Religion] Foi pluralisme
Réponses : 0

Leo Tolstoy

Ecrit le 13 sept.16, 05:36

Message par indian »

http://aapress.com/ethnicity/indian/rem ... emembered/

Sinon y'a Google translate... ;)

Besides reading regularly from Confucian, Zoroastrian, Hindu, Buddhist, Jewish, Christian and Moslem texts and scriptures Tolstoy discovered late in his life the then still relatively new Revelation of Baha’u’llah, the Baha’i Faith, with its beginnings in 1844 in the Babi Faith. This was destined to happen as he had committed himself to seek out the wisdom of the world, near and far, new and ancient. In fact it was in 1844 at age 16 that he became a student of oriental languages. His encounter with the Baha’i Writings came much later, being in 1894. His interest in world religions was well known far and wide and a few early Baha’is either sent him Baha’i pamphlets or books or brought these to him in person. In 1902 Abdu’l-Baha, son of Baha’u’llah, Interpretor and Perfect Exemplar of the Faith, sent Mirza Aziz’u’llah Jadhdhab Khurasani to meet Count Leo Tolstoy and to bring him this message: “Act that your name may leave a good memory in the world of religion. Many philosophers have come, each one raising a flag, let us say five meters high. You have raised a flag ten meters high; immerse yourself in the ocean of unity, so that you may remain confirmed eternally.”

During that 1902 visit Tolstoy was asked what his opinion was concerning Baha’u’llah. With raised hands he replied: “How could I deny Him? […] Obviously this Cause will conquer the whole world. I myself have already accepted Muhammad.” Then he added: “Send me more writings.” These statements did not, however, necessarily mean that he was declaring himself a member of the Baha’i Faith nor that he had converted to Islam. More than likely he did understand though that Baha’is accept all the Prophet Founders of all the major world religions as being inspired by the One and Same Universal Creator of all that is. He just was not quite ready to give this new faith his total embrace. As he studied it more he continued to like and agree with its teachings but on occasion found something he disagreed with and tried to discount it. Those moments never lasted long as he soon took up the further study of its Writings again and would make statements like: “Very profound. I know no other so profound.” This vacillation continued thru his remaining eight years with each swing seeming to bring him closer to perhaps full acceptance. Of his own personal opinions he held them very strongly, sometimes too strongly. I believe he had sometimes become overly proud of his own power of reason and intellect and thus contradicting some of his own advice to others and to himself. Had he lived but only a few years longer and met a few more committed Baha’is he may well have declared himself a Baha’i, a faith committed to unity of thought and action within its own community, something not always easy to achieve or maintain but nonetheless understood by followers of Baha’u’llah as the only path to world peace and to the well being of all its people.

I like to think that Leo’s spirit sat with me in that theatre seat when I watched “Where Love Is, God Is” in my childhood with his knowing that I would eventually find the Baha’i Faith myself and embrace it. I believe he has embraced it in the next world. We live with our own convictions, me with mine, others with their own and there is no argument that can be made of it.
Unir l'humanité. Un seul Dieu. Les grandes religions de Dieu. Femmes, hommes sont égaux. Tous les préjugés sont destructeurs et doivent être abandonnés. Chercher la vérité par nous-mêmes. La science et la religion en harmonie. Nos problèmes économiques sont liés à des problèmes spirituels. La famille et son unité sont très importantes.

Yoel

[ Aucun rang ]
[ Aucun rang ]

Re: Leo Tolstoy

Ecrit le 13 sept.16, 05:48

Message par Yoel »

indian a écrit :http://aapress.com/ethnicity/indian/rem ... emembered/

Besides reading regularly from Confucian, Zoroastrian, Hindu, Buddhist, Jewish, Christian and Moslem texts and scriptures Tolstoy discovered late in his life the then still relatively new Revelation of Baha’u’llah, the Baha’i Faith, with its beginnings in 1844 in the Babi Faith. This was destined to happen as he had committed himself to seek out the wisdom of the world, near and far, new and ancient. In fact it was in 1844 at age 16 that he became a student of oriental languages. His encounter with the Baha’i Writings came much later, being in 1894. His interest in world religions was well known far and wide and a few early Baha’is either sent him Baha’i pamphlets or books or brought these to him in person. In 1902 Abdu’l-Baha, son of Baha’u’llah, Interpretor and Perfect Exemplar of the Faith, sent Mirza Aziz’u’llah Jadhdhab Khurasani to meet Count Leo Tolstoy and to bring him this message: “Act that your name may leave a good memory in the world of religion. Many philosophers have come, each one raising a flag, let us say five meters high. You have raised a flag ten meters high; immerse yourself in the ocean of unity, so that you may remain confirmed eternally.”

During that 1902 visit Tolstoy was asked what his opinion was concerning Baha’u’llah. With raised hands he replied: “How could I deny Him? […] Obviously this Cause will conquer the whole world. I myself have already accepted Muhammad.” Then he added: “Send me more writings.” These statements did not, however, necessarily mean that he was declaring himself a member of the Baha’i Faith nor that he had converted to Islam. More than likely he did understand though that Baha’is accept all the Prophet Founders of all the major world religions as being inspired by the One and Same Universal Creator of all that is. He just was not quite ready to give this new faith his total embrace. As he studied it more he continued to like and agree with its teachings but on occasion found something he disagreed with and tried to discount it. Those moments never lasted long as he soon took up the further study of its Writings again and would make statements like: “Very profound. I know no other so profound.” This vacillation continued thru his remaining eight years with each swing seeming to bring him closer to perhaps full acceptance. Of his own personal opinions he held them very strongly, sometimes too strongly. I believe he had sometimes become overly proud of his own power of reason and intellect and thus contradicting some of his own advice to others and to himself. Had he lived but only a few years longer and met a few more committed Baha’is he may well have declared himself a Baha’i, a faith committed to unity of thought and action within its own community, something not always easy to achieve or maintain but nonetheless understood by followers of Baha’u’llah as the only path to world peace and to the well being of all its people.

I like to think that Leo’s spirit sat with me in that theatre seat when I watched “Where Love Is, God Is” in my childhood with his knowing that I would eventually find the Baha’i Faith myself and embrace it. I believe he has embraced it in the next world. We live with our own convictions, me with mine, others with their own and there is no argument that can be made of it.

MENSONGES, MENSONGES ET MENSONGES !

Leo Tolstoy qui accepte Muhammad... et Bahaullah.

Quel imposture ! En passant, Tolstoy avait une connaissance extrêmement limité de l'islam et de ses textes. Il est inutile de prendre ses déclaration hors de leurs contextes, de les tordre et de manipuler ses propos pour faire croire qu'il admirait l'islam.
Modifié en dernier par Yoel le 13 sept.16, 05:51, modifié 1 fois.
L'Angleterre est un cloaque. L'Angleterre est le vivier fertile des fondamentalistes musulmans. Son raisonnement social est de permettre a toutes les religions de prêcher ouvertement. Mais cela est déraisonnable puisque aucune des autres religions ne prêchent la violence apocalyptique. Pourtant, l'Angleterre le permet...-Wole Soyinka

indian

Ecrit le 13 sept.16, 05:51

Message par indian »

Yoel a écrit : MENSONGES, MENSONGES ET MENSONGES !
Leo Tolstoy qui accepte Muhammad... et Bahaullah.

Quel imposture !

Si vous le dites. J'imagine que c'est que vous saurez contredire ces dires?

Tolstoy ne fut ni musulman, ni baha'i. :hi:

https://passtheknowledge.wordpress.com/ ... buh-islam/
Unir l'humanité. Un seul Dieu. Les grandes religions de Dieu. Femmes, hommes sont égaux. Tous les préjugés sont destructeurs et doivent être abandonnés. Chercher la vérité par nous-mêmes. La science et la religion en harmonie. Nos problèmes économiques sont liés à des problèmes spirituels. La famille et son unité sont très importantes.

Recherches22

[ Aucun rang ]
[ Aucun rang ]

Ecrit le 13 sept.16, 05:55

Message par Recherches22 »

indian a écrit :
A ouai...ils ne devaient pas être très doués ces élèves... :lol: :wink:

En plus de lire régulièrement,, hindoue, bouddhiste, juive, chrétienne et musulmane textes et les écritures zoroastriennes confucéens Tolstoï découvert tard dans sa vie alors encore relativement nouvelle révélation de Baha'u'llah, la foi bahá'íe, avec ses débuts en 1844 dans la foi Babi. Cela devait se passer comme il l'avait engagé à chercher la sagesse du monde, près et de loin, nouvelle et ancienne. En fait, il était en 1844 à 16 ans qu'il est devenu un étudiant de langues orientales. Sa rencontre avec les écrits baha'is venu beaucoup plus tard, étant en 1894. Son intérêt pour les religions du monde était bien connu loin et quelques premiers bahá'ís soit lui pamphlets baha'is ou des livres envoyés ou amené ceux-ci à lui en personne . En 1902, Abdu'l-Baha, fils de Baha'u'llah, Interpretor et Perfect Exemplar de la Foi, envoyé Mirza Aziz'u'llah Jadhdhab Khurasani pour rencontrer le comte Léon Tolstoï et de lui apporter ce message: «Loi que votre nom peut laisser un bon souvenir dans le monde de la religion. Beaucoup de philosophes sont venus, chacun levant un drapeau, disons cinq mètres de haut. Vous avez soulevé un drapeau dix mètres de haut; plongez dans l'océan de l'unité, de sorte que vous pouvez rester confirmé éternellement ".

Au cours de cette visite 1902 Tolstoï a été demandé à ce que son opinion concernait Baha'u'llah. Avec les mains levées, il a répondu: "Comment pourrais-je le nier? [...] Il est évident que cette cause va conquérir le monde entier. Je me suis déjà accepté Muhammad "Puis il a ajouté:". Envoyez-moi plus écrits "Ces déclarations ne signifie cependant pas nécessairement qu'il a été lui-même en déclarant un membre de la foi bahá'íe, ni qu'il avait converti à l'islam.. Plus que probablement, il ne comprenait cependant que les bahá'ís acceptent tous les Fondateurs Prophète de toutes les grandes religions du monde comme étant inspiré par un seul et même universel Créateur de tout ce qui est. Il était tout simplement pas tout à fait prêt à donner à cette nouvelle foi son étreinte totale. Comme il a étudié plus il a continué à aimer et d'accord avec ses enseignements, mais à l'occasion, a trouvé quelque chose était en désaccord avec et a essayé de l'écarter. Ces moments ne duraient jamais longtemps qu'il prit bientôt l'étude ultérieure de ses Écrits encore et ferait des déclarations comme: "Très profond. Je ne connais pas d'autre si profond. "Ce vacillation a continué à travers ses huit années restantes avec chaque oscillation semblant amener plus près de l'acceptation peut-être plein. De ses propres opinions personnelles, il les tenait très fort, parfois trop fortement. Je crois qu'il avait parfois devenir trop fier de sa propre puissance de la raison et de l'intelligence et contredisant ainsi certaines de ses propres conseils aux autres et à lui-même. Avait-il vécu, mais seulement quelques années de plus et a rencontré un peu plus engagés bahá'ís il a peut-être lui-même déclaré Baha'i, une foi engagée à l'unité de la pensée et de l'action au sein de sa propre communauté, quelque chose pas toujours facile à réaliser ou maintenir, mais néanmoins compris par les adeptes de Baha'u'llah comme le seul chemin vers la paix mondiale et au bien-être de tous ses habitants.

J'aime à penser que l'esprit de Leo était assis avec moi dans ce siège de théâtre quand je regardais "Where Love Is, Dieu est" dans mon enfance avec son sachant que je finira par trouver la foi bahá'íe moi-même et l'embrasser. Je crois qu'il a embrassé dans le prochain monde. Nous vivons avec nos propres convictions, moi avec le mien, d'autres avec leur propre et il n'y a aucun argument qui peut en être fait.
«Connais-toi toi même et tu connaîtras l'univers et les dieux»

Yoel

[ Aucun rang ]
[ Aucun rang ]

Ecrit le 13 sept.16, 05:55

Message par Yoel »

indian a écrit : Si vous le dites. J'imagine que c'est que vous saurez contredire ces dires?

Tolstoy ne fut ni musulman, ni baha'i. :hi:
C'est ce qui est suggéré par le texte en anglais que tu vient de posté. Tu a l'habitude de poster de la propagande, des mensonges sans aucune référence.

With raised hands he replied: “How could I deny Him? […] Obviously this Cause will conquer the whole world. I myself have already accepted Muhammad.”

Ou est la source ? Quand est-ce que Tolstoy aurait déclaré: "J'ai moi-même déjà accepté Muhammad" ?

Ce n'est rien de moins qu'un mensonge grossier musulman.
L'Angleterre est un cloaque. L'Angleterre est le vivier fertile des fondamentalistes musulmans. Son raisonnement social est de permettre a toutes les religions de prêcher ouvertement. Mais cela est déraisonnable puisque aucune des autres religions ne prêchent la violence apocalyptique. Pourtant, l'Angleterre le permet...-Wole Soyinka

indian

Ecrit le 13 sept.16, 05:56

Message par indian »

https://passtheknowledge.wordpress.com/ ... buh-islam/

Citation de Tolstoy sur l'Islam :hi:

Mais tout est peut être faux? qui sait?

—> Prophet Muhammad: “Muhammad has always been standing higher than the Christianity. He does not consider god as a human being and never makes himself equal to God. Muslims worship nothing except God and Muhammad is his Messenger. There is no any mystery and secret in it.”

—> Humanity needs Islamic law: “The law of the Qur’an will prevail in the world because it agrees with reason and wisdom. I have come to understand that humanity needs only a Divine law to establish the truth and destroy falsehood. Islamic law will encompass the entire world because it is consistent with reason and agrees with wisdom and justice.”

—> They amazed their surroundings: “It is true that the wide spread of Islam at the hands of those (Muslims) did not appeal to the Buddhists and Christians. However, the indisputably well-established fact is that the Muslims, in the early days of Islam, were recognized for their abstinence in the false world, pure conduct, uprightness and honesty so much that they amazed their surrounding neighbors with their noble manners, mercy and kindness.”

—> The people of vision: “One of the good merits of the Islamic religion is that it enjoins good treatment to Christians and Jews in general and Christian bishops in particular. It commands to deal with them kindly and helpfully and permits its followers among men to marry Christian and Jewish women, who are allowed to remain on their religion – a teaching which implies great toleration not hidden from men of enlightened visions.”

—-> I admire Muhammad: “It suffices Muhammad for pride that he was able to rescue a humiliated and bloody people from the devil of blameworthy habits and opened to them the way of development and progress. I am one of those who admire the Prophet Muhammad, whom God chose to carry His last message and be the last Prophet.”

—> A great work: “Undoubtedly, the Prophet Muhammad is one of the greatest reformers who served the social community. It suffices him for pride that he guided an entire nation to the light of truth, made his people inclined to peace and tranquility and giving preference to an ascetic life, prevented them from bloodshed and offering victims from among mankind and opened to them the way of development and civility. This is indeed a great work which could be done only by a man gifted with power, and such a man is worthy of respect and honor.”

Akenoï

[Religion] baha'i
[Religion] baha'i

Ecrit le 13 sept.16, 06:08

Message par Akenoï »

Ici, il y a des gens qui s'énervent facilement, et d'autres qui créent des sujets de manière quelque peu hâtive.
"Supplie Dieu d’accorder aux hommes une oreille attentive, une vue perçante, un coeur réceptif et empli d’amour afin que ses serviteurs parviennent à celui que leur coeur désire et tournent leur visage vers leur Bien-Aimé."

indian

Ecrit le 13 sept.16, 06:11

Message par indian »

Akenoï a écrit :... et d'autres qui créent des sujets de manière quelque peu hâtive.

Tolstoy n'aurait jamais dit tout ca?

Akenoï

[Religion] baha'i
[Religion] baha'i

Ecrit le 13 sept.16, 06:14

Message par Akenoï »

C'est à toi de le vérifier.
"Supplie Dieu d’accorder aux hommes une oreille attentive, une vue perçante, un coeur réceptif et empli d’amour afin que ses serviteurs parviennent à celui que leur coeur désire et tournent leur visage vers leur Bien-Aimé."

indian

Ecrit le 13 sept.16, 06:15

Message par indian »

Akenoï a écrit :C'est à toi de le vérifier.
C'est toujours ce que je fais ici... rien de plus :)

Mais comme tu ne me réponds pas ... je dirai que Tolstoy n'a pas dit tout ca

Akenoï

[Religion] baha'i
[Religion] baha'i

Ecrit le 13 sept.16, 06:17

Message par Akenoï »

Cela n'est pas affaire d'opinions. Tu n'en sais rien, moi non plus, et le monsieur qui crie très fort non plus.

indian

Ecrit le 13 sept.16, 06:22

Message par indian »

Akenoï a écrit :Cela n'est pas affaire d'opinions. Tu n'en sais rien, moi non plus, et le monsieur qui crie très fort non plus.

À date, tout ce que j'ai trouvé sur le web, va dans le sens que Tolstoy a lu Baha'u'allah.
:hi:

Si vous avez des signes contraires...merci de me les proposer...chu là pour ca :)

edit:
http://www.usislam.org/converts/tolstoy.htm

The Russian woman who married the Muslim E. Vekilov, wrote to Tolstoy that her sons wanted to convert to Islam, and asked for his advice. This is what the writer answered her: “As far as the preference of Mohammedanism to Orthodoxy is concerned-, I can fully sympathize with such conversion. To say this might be strange for me who values the Christian ideals and the teaching of Christ in their pure sense more that anything else, I do not doubt that Islam in its outer form stands higher than the Orthodox Church. Therefore, if a person is given only two choices: to adhere to the Orthodox Church or Islam, any sensible person will not hesitate about his choice, and anyone will prefer Islam with its acceptance of one tenet, single God and His Prophet instead such complex and incomprehensible things in theology as the Trinity, redemption, sacraments, the saints and their images, and complicated services-”

Yasnaya Polyana, March, 15th, 1909

We can adduce another letter of his which explains his world outlook which formed as a result of his long painful search for the truth.

“I would be very glad if you were of the same faith with me. Just try to understand what my life is. Any success in life- wealth, honour, glory- I don′t have these. My friends, even my family are turning away from me.

Some- liberals and aesthetes- consider me to be mad or weak- minded like Gogol; others- revolutionaries and radicals- consider me to be a mystic and a man who talks too much; the officials consider me to be a malicious revolutionary; the Orthodox consider me to be a devil.

I confess that it is hard for me- And therefore, please, regard me as a kind Mohammedan, and all will be fine”.

Yasnaya Polyana, April, 1884

InfoHay1915

[ Aucun rang ]
[ Aucun rang ]
Réponses : 1

Ecrit le 20 oct.22, 10:26

Message par InfoHay1915 »

Image . Film de 2009, 'Tolstoï, le dernier automne' :
Excellent film https://fr.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tolstoï ... er_automne . Voici un youtube / 2mn:12 s : https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=AdzijpKgmTI
Il faudrait voir le film en entier qui est très-très bon.

Je ne crois pas que Tolstoï soit devenu musulman. Cependant, ce qui est sûr, c'est qu'il a eu certainement une approche orientalisante de l'islam assez appronfondie / tout comme l'écrivain allemand Johan Wolfgang Goethe qui s'est intéressé aussi à l'islam.

Il y a bien 20 ans un arménologue m'avait montré un ancien article en arménien sur Tolstoï et l'islam. Je retrouverai les références de l'article. Je ne me souviens que du nom de la revue arménienne : LOUMA / ԼՈՒՄԱՅ de la ville de Tiflis, qui était à l'époque la capitale intellectuelle des Arméniens du Caucase.

Image . Image . LOUMA / ԼՈՒՄԱՅ

~ https://www.flib.sci.am/journal/luma/Main.html ~~ http://serials.flib.sci.am/matenagituty ... 7/mode/1up

Լէօ Նիքոլայ Թոլսթոյ . Լև Նիկոլաևիչ Տոլստոյ . Tolstoï écrit avec les deux orthographes. Ci-dessous l'alphabet arménien que je ne connais pas par cœur et qui va m'aider à retrouver Tolstoï dans l'index des patronymes // à trouver :

Ա Բ Գ Դ Ե Զ Է Ը Թ Ժ Ի Լ Խ Ծ Կ Հ Ձ Ղ Ճ Մ Յ Ն Շ Ո Չ Պ Ջ Ռ Ս Վ Տ Ր Ց Ւ Փ Ք Օ Ֆ
ա բ գ դ ե զ է ը թ ժ ի լ խ ծ կ հ ձ ղ ճ մ յ ն շ ո չ պ ջ ռ ս վ տ ր ց ւ փ ք օ և ֆ

À bientôt. InfoHay1915.
Modifié en dernier par InfoHay1915 le 21 oct.22, 01:42, modifié 5 fois.
C’est un crime que désapprouve l’humanité, l’islam et tous les musulmans ; mais ceux qui ignorent la vérité ne manqueront pas d’en jeter la responsabilité sur le fanatisme religieux. Témoignage oculaire 1915-1916 du génocide des arméniens par le chef bédouin syrien et avocat, Faïez El-Ghocein (Le Caire 1917)

Répondre